I love music! Well, who doesn’t? I especially love the songs they play at Christmas. Not only do they have modern songs by the new artists, they still play some of the great oldies! So, last night, before bed, I decided I would post a list of my favorite Christmas songs. Who knows, some of them may be your favorite, too!!!
- White Christmas by Bing Crosby: Frankly, I love the movie. This song just oozes Christmas- even if you live in Florida where there is no snow. Hearing this song brings back so many good memories for me and I’d like to keep it that way!
- Believe by Josh Groban: Ahh… that wonderful and sweet voice. If you’ve ever seen the Polar Express, then you know exactly what song I am talking about. This also oozes Christmas and no matter how old you are, gets you into the spirit of Santa Claus.
- Jingle Bell Rock by George Strait: Remember he was on my Drool Worthy list? If you must know, this is my most favorite Christmas song by him. You can ask my family- every year at Christmastime, the 20th Century Masters Christmas Collection: George Strait album goes into the CD player and plays all day. Jingle Bell Rock sang by George Strait is toe-tapping good!
- Christmas Don’t Be Late by The Chipmunks: This is a classic and I haven’t heard it in such a long time! I remember having an Alvin doll when I was younger and I loved that doll!
- Feliz Navidad by José Feliciano: I absolutely love this song!!! Last year, after visiting my grandmother’s house on Christmas Eve, this song came on. So, what did my sister and I do? Well, we dance and sang to it. I believe I now know more Spanish than I learned in High School!
- Up On The Housetop by Gene Autry: I love Gene Autry and I love this song. I can remember singing in elementary school with the choir. This has always been a childhood favorite and it continues into my adulthood. Way to go Gene!
- Frosty The Snowman by Gene Autry: It was actually recorded first by Gene Autry… but nonethless, this is a feel-good, happy song. If I don’t hear this song at least once during Christmas, I’ll find a way!
- The Twelve Pains of Christmas by Bob Rivers: This one is always a favorite. Somehow, most of those are true. It’s especially true when you’re trying to rig up the lights. We always seem to run short of extension cords, or one set doesn’t blink when it’s supposed to. Ahh.. the joys of Christmas. Oh, by the way, you can view the hilarious lyrics HERE.
- Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer by Gene Autry: Have you noticed a pattern here? Gene Autry seems to have LOVED Christmas more than I did. This song is and will forever be a classic! When I hear this song, it makes me want to get my own Rudolph!
- Jingle Bells: I have no idea who originally sang this, but if you can find out for me, I’d be more than happy! This song is a silly song that you can dance around to! This is another song I loved to sing when I was in school.
So there you go… my Top 10 list of my favorite Christmas songs!
To listen to Christmas songs 24/7, visit the following links: